Questions To The Future
Technology should help us in life, but is it? Permanent updates, changes or new surprises cost time and push us to the limits again and again. The pace is enormous, as soon as you get used to a situation, new changes are already on the horizon.
Who has been mentally trained for this? No one. That’s why we are doing it. The fundamental question is:
How do you have to prepare yourself to cope better with technology and stay mentally healthy?
I’m interested in the connection between technology and one’s future and the common misconception that you can’t plan the future. You may not be able to plan the future one hundred percent, but you can long for it, anticipate it, and prepare for it.
What does this have to do with technology? Here’s an example: If you go on vacation and already imagine that in a few hours you will be lying under the palm trees and looking at the turquoise blue water, then the flight or waiting time will pass much faster.
It is the same with the unpleasant issues related to technological progress. People who can cope with technological changes, will shape their future in a more successful, healthier, and safer manner. This is exactly why we need to look at the future when we consider the use of technology.
The future is already happening in the brain today. We use the parameters for this far too little. That’s why we have developed SELF-TRAINING: We want to give the future a helping hand.
Today, our brain has a lot of experiences, contents and images that influence our future. The brain works according to its own laws, and these are not the laws of psychotherapy. Psychotherapy thinks and works according to the rules of behavioral science. The brain and its functions are not considered in it.
Those who want to navigate their future are moved by other questions.
These questions about needs, emotions, and mental development:
- Which psychological needs exist currently in your life and do you want them to stay like that? Unmet needs prevent you from living your life to the fullest, with all your strengths and potentials. On the one hand, there are needs from childhood such as: attention, care, unconditional love, security, basic trust, and the feeling that the caregivers have time and enjoy spending it with you. On the other hand, there are needs that come later, and define life, and from which professional activity arises: the desire to learn, curiosity, the feeling of being carefree, and serenity. Last but not least, there are also needs from adolescence: maturing, developing, being able to distance oneself from others, dedicating oneself to something, developing identity, and one of the most important: getting recognition. In the Emotions Test you can find out what you need for this.
- What can you change about your psychological needs, and how can you satisfy them in a way that you will not be distracted any longer? What plan are you basing this on? This can be, for example, the app NIKU Inception or the workbooks “Reframing Childhood” and “Reframing Adolescence”. You can find the scientific basis in “Mental Neuroimplants – Reframing of Needs”, Markowitsch, Schreier, Springer Publishing, 2019.
- What would your future look like if all your needs were sustained appropriately? What actions are you taking to satisfy those needs subsequently?
- What potentials and strengths are released once the soul is satiated, no longer feels pain, and cravings no longer torment you?
- Suppose all the wounds of your past have been healed. What would change for you today, what would you still want to learn, what would you still want to achieve? In which committees would you want to speak, which conferences would you want to attend and what else would you want to do? You are maybe already realizing, or you might have the feeling that ideas are already emerging in you. The first idea for a strategy of your future may already be coming to your mind? One thing is certain: if you can change your past, you can change your future.
Just a Little Test
What was the inner journey like for you during these 5 questions? You may have plunged into the depths of your past that are precious to you. These are the depths of your feelings, familiar atmosphere, and scenarios. You feel comfortable in them.
But is this your future?
For a moment, just imagine you can effortlessly absorb 10 times more information than you can today. That you can grab what you think with your hands. Or that you can speak languages that you can’t even read today. And your friends and people you love are going along with it and are already in the middle of it. At the same time, they are miles away from you.
What are you going to do? Will you chase your needs and waste your potentials, or will you come along? You can use NIKU and SELF-TRAINING to prepare yourself to be fully in the future. I wish you luck and success.
And What About Fate?
What About When Fate Strikes?
Don’t worry. It always hurts. But it’s not about fate, it’s about how you’re prepared for overcoming stormy weather. No one is saying, that it will be easy. But if you are emotionally prepared, you can do more out of your life than you can do from your position today.